We always ship within 1 to 2 business days after the receipt of payment. However, we normally ship within 24 hours to ensure you can start enjoying your new purchase as quickly as possible.
All items are tracked and include insurance as standard.
We do not bear responsibility for international duties, customs, or fees.
Shipping costs are not refundable.
We ship in 1-2 business days - guaranteed.
Depending on where you live will depend on when your item arrives.
As a guide, we estimate the following arrival times:
UK: 1-3 business days
Europe: 3-5 business days
North America / Canada: 7-10 business days
Australia / New Zealand / SEA / UAE: 7-10 business days
These delivery estimates can extend over the Christmas holiday season
To ensure you feel confident in buying items from Carrillo Antiques, we do our absolute best to make your experience as enjoyable and stress free as possible.
We describe items as accurately as we can - based on our experience, hallmarks / trade marks and any personal knowledge we have of the item.
If you have any specific questions about anything you see listed, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We are always available to talk about your purchase or experience so please call or email at any time.
Looking for Something?
If you are on the lookout for something special that you can't find listed in our shop - do not despair.
We could very well what you are looking for wait to be listed or indeed we might be able to source it for you with ease.
Please get in touch if you think we might be able to help your search.
Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example).
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, should I set up a mailing list and invite you to join;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Pascual Carrillo, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Pascual Carrillo 46 Chase Road, Brentwood, Essex, UK CM14 4LG